That’s right – today marks my 1 year anniversary of working out after having baby #2. So much has happened this past year, and I’m so happy
I’ve put in the hard work to get to where I am.
That first day was so tough. So many squats and no leg muscle. I waddled. Yes, I remember waddling up and down the stairs one year ago today. Now, I can do squats for days. Lunges are no problem! The strength that my body has developed is incredible.
What have I achieved this year?
- 365 days of early morning workouts (almost, minus a few sick/slept in days)
- 14 pounds lost
- Countless muscle gained
- A huge sense of accomplishment
- Confidence I never knew I had
Thank You Shout Outs!
- My husband for always encouraging me. For always telling me he has noticed I have more energy or that I can fit into those old pair of jeans again.
- My family for telling me I’m doing a great job being a mom (on those days I don’t feel like it) or keeping at my fitness regime.
- My workout pals! You ladies know who you are. You keep me accountable every day on our Facebook group. If I miss a morning or forget to post about my workout I inevitably will get a text saying “where were you today?”.
- My Facebook and blog followers. Some of you I know and some of you I don’t. Seeing your “likes” and “comments” keep me going!
- Briana Christine AKA Bikini Body Mommy for getting me hooked on working out!
- Daniel and Kelli at Fitness Blender for keeping me working out with your amazing FREE online workouts.
- Rebecca Louise with XHIT for being that annoying british lady who tells me to push harder. I don’t always do her workouts but I love to add on with her shorter ones when I need an extra boost.
- And my new-found workout channel with Christine Salus. Her workouts are HARD, but I love to do them once a week to push myself that much further.
I’m motivated now more than ever to keep at this. As always, I’d love to hear about your successes. Maybe you’ve worked out for a whole week – that’s awesome. Maybe a month. Whatever it is, celebrate being active! Keep yourself motivated by the results you’ll see when you stick to it.
Get moving because you’ll feel better than you did yesterday!